Attendance Hotline: (To leave a message regarding a student absence.)
"A Note From Home" (Print and send to school with your student)
Attendance Information Letter
Attendance Helpful Hints
- When a student is gone from school for any reason, a parent must notify the office. Please call the attendance line at 608-845-4003 by 9:00 AM or as soon as possible.
- If a student is late or needs to leave during the day for an appointment, send him/her to school with a note for the office. You can use the link above to print "A Note from Home". Send the note in with your student and have him/her bring the note to the attendance window first thing in the morning (8:20) or into the office when he/she arrives. You may also leave this information on the attendance hotline in the morning.
- If you are planning a vacation or other event and know in advance that your child will be absent, please notify the office 1-10 days prior to that absence. Your child will receive an "Advance Make-up" form that will notify teachers and allow them to assign homework that would be missed.
- If your child doesn’t feel well at school, please encourage him/her to stop in and visit the school nurse before contacting home. The school nurse, or office staff, will make contact with a parent if the student needs to go home due to illness. All students must first sign out in the office before leaving the building.
- If a student accumulates 5 – 10 partial or full days of absences a parent will receive an attendance letter. Please read it carefully for VASD attendance policies.
- What can you do to help improve your child's attendance? Click here for some tips.